Monday, 19 October 2009

A Duck's Revenge


I have absolutely no issues as far as hunting or guns are concerned. I no longer own a firearm and have never been a keen fan of hunting for the sake of hunting. From a strong forestry background I personally have no desire to hunt wild animals. Having said that, I feel that it seems to be a bit unfair to shoot an animal with a state of the art firearm over a distance of 500 yards, while the “target” is peacefully munching away at lunch, and then have a sense of satisfaction as to a “job well done”.
Ducks specifically are vulnerable. Set up a decoy and as they fly up, fly past or come in to land, a cohort of hunters jump up and blast away with shotguns. Not much chance for the ducks, and, personally, I would get no feeling of satisfaction. No sense of fair play and all that.
If you want to brag, show your skills with clay pigeons or targets.
That is why I like this one…………
Source: E-mail, unknown

No comments: